Sunday, January 18, 2009

Graham's got the "Rockin' Pneumonia"...

...who the Boogie Woogie knew?



So, right when I thought Graham was better he fevered up again. This time with fevers up to 105 degrees. I figured this was a sibling thing. Why share toys when you can share plagues instead, right? At least they can do something together... Well, then we got to thinking that the his "stomach bug" from days before, accompanied with these fierce fevers and sore throat were signs of strep. I WISH... Garrett carted him off to urgent care today and after a very expensive "urgent care" x-ray the verdict is in.... Pneumonia people! He's pretty sick. We've fought his fever all night. Garrett goes off to Greensboro for the day tomorrow and is leaving me alone with a wild child and the sick child. The thoughts of having to go to Wake Med again terrifies me and he'll be over an hour away. I wonder how i'm gonna keep Nate from not falling of the tables in his attempt to test me while trying to take Graham's temperature in his "where the sun doesn't shine" place. Looks like I'm calling his regular doctors in the morning. BOY, won't they be happy to hear from me? We were only there 6 times in a 8 day period. I told the doctor at Nate's hospital follow-up that I did not want to see them again for a while, unless it was at the grocery store. Here we go AGAIN...

4 comments:

  1. Poor Grahammy. And still having to deal with the rectal thermometer. Poor kid. Wont he let you put it under his arm?? He's definitely old enough now. Buy the singing Sponge Bob thermometer. I heard it got GREAT reviews! haha Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, dr and hospital said over 5 yrs for under arm. particularly if they are high fevers. if they are so so fevers then whatever you can get. he hasn't minded. it is rare i have to do it. this is his first real bought with fever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks! I hope you all feel better soon- I know you hate seeing your babies sick.

    I wanted to tell you that Lila and I ate with my grandparents at your in-law's cafeteria for the first time last week. I am not a huge fan of cafeterias, but it was surprisingly good. We significantly brought down the average age in the restaurant :)

    Any time you guys are over in Durham, let me know (once everyone is better, of course!) and maybe we can get together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we go there 1 time a week or garrett goes and get's take out. we love the free food! ...and the kids love the mac&cheese and yams! one night the crowd was staring at us because graham was yelling pecker head!

    ReplyDelete