Thursday, April 16, 2009

May someone stick hot pokers in my eyes...

and fry a few brain cells while they are at it.

Warning! PLEASE PLACE ALL TAMPON APPLICATORS AND SANITARY NAPKINS IN THIS CONTAINER.

Why do I continue to watch OXYGEN reality show reruns? They are not all bad. Some are... Tori and Dean is surprisingly good, i admit. Always thought Tori was a joke. The media always made her look horrible, but she is more down to earth then I thought and she is funny. She is far from slummin' it though. Even my husband watches them if I make him and he likes it whether or not he admits. "Oh no not that again! Why do you watch this?" ...and 30 minutes later he is sitting there. Yes, Garrett cried a bit when they had their second child... lol

However, I spend wasted time watching The Next Top Model and every time I want to change the channel, but I can't. It is like some "lowbrow" vs. "highbrow" knock-out moral battle in my head... But the human in me usually wins. I admit I am human. It is human nature to enjoy misfortune, blood, and gore... We come from people who used to enjoy watching people malled by tigers and decapitated by vulgar contraptions visually displayed in the movie Caligula. Along with many other activities...lol Anyway, back to my rant on The Next Top Model. Some of the crap they say during judging are the most stupid lines of crap. What is so unnerving is how serious Tyra is trying to be. She is overly dramatic and it drives me insane. I know! I know! Change the channel. Thank goodness they have taken a break from Bad Girls reruns. I watch these reruns and I feel so sorry for the families of the girls on this show... All i have to say about that. GROSS. I used to watch Janice Dickinson reruns and I totally know why I did. I figured it is some self hate thing. She said some of the most messed up things on there about overweight people. It aids in my self-abuse.

OXYGEN also has a show called Snapped and we wonder why some women can't find men... They are afraid of them. Any man that watched that show would obviously assume all women could and would potientially kill them one day because they left the commode seat up, did not agree to buy her tampons at the store, or ummmm... I don't know, put out a cigarette on her. (disclaimer: I do not condone abuse)

Good night, John Boy.

2 comments:

  1. I've ranted about Oxygen so many times. . . and yet sometimes I find myself watching, unable to change the channel.

    I feel a lot more shame about my Rock of Love addiction, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have only watch that once... after he groped all the women in front of them...i just "changed the channel". lol

    ReplyDelete