Thursday, April 30, 2009

urethoscopy

My husband has kidney stone attacks about every 3 years. His 1st was when he was a teen. The last bout before this one he actually had 3 working and tearing their way out. This time he has 1 and the ct said it was 3-4mm and should have passed, but 5 weeks later and nothing but blood and the occasional pain. This morning at 9:30 we are checking in at the hospital for day surgery. The procedure is actually scheduled for 11:30. We were told the actual removal will take 15-20 minutes plus the prep. He has had this done before when he was 18. His stone had embedded. I hope the stone is not as embedded this time and that all is routine. He will have to wear a stent for about 5 days or so and then he has to pull it out himself at home. The Doc joked that I'm supposed to tie it to the door handle and slam the door. lol

His mother is here to take care of the kids. We will see how that goes. We had to install an alarm on the storm door because both kids have gotten out recently and Graham can unlock the door now. I have informed her of the "shut door policy" for the guest bathroom. I hope Graham remebers to shut it too. I also informed her of what will happen if Nate get's in the bathroom. He flushes things, brushes his teeth, and tries to tak a bath... Not good. I found him standing IN the toilet the other week. I can just picture him trapped head down in it! SCARY! My heart!!! Turning on the HOT water and bathing is scary enough. OmmmmOmmmm...keep the door shut, keep the door shut... We are locking our bedroom door because Graham cannot stay out! He goes in there in search of BAND-AIDES. Then, as you can imagine... Nate gets in and let's just say our bedroom and bathroom is not child proofed. She says she is taking the kids to the cafeteria by herself.... hahahaha! I can't wait to hear about that. I hope Graham does not run across the parking lot. ughhhh...

I will post pics soon of pre and post surgical madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment